Join us at AvantDerm!
Now Hiring: Nurse (RN)
AvantDerm is a state-of-the-art medical and cosmetic dermatology clinic located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District. The AvantDerm team is revolutionizing health care delivery by increasing access to specialty care and providing world class treatment options. We offer Canada’s first Rapid Access Clinic, whereby patients are able to be seen as early as the next business day with a referral from their family doctor.
AvantDerm is currently seeking a creative, goal-driven and energetic nurse who is ready to take on a leadership role in helping to provide patients with innovative and exceptional care.
• Perform physical examinations and procedures such as cryotherapy, injections, cantharone application, laser therapy, skin biopsies, electrocautery and specimen collection (skin, hair, nails, wound, viral) etc.
• Assist physician during procedures such as excisions, shave electrodessication and curettage, biopsies, skin tag removal and cosmetic procedures.
• Provide counselling on preventative healthcare, such as skin cancers, atopic dermatitis, acne, phototherapy, etc.
• Provide education to patients about psoriasis and treat patients using phototherapy.
• Update and revise operations manuals when necessary.
• Attend meetings to provide feedback and advice that will help our team to innovate and provide the best patient care possible.
• Manage nursing operations i.e. ordering medical supplies.
• Deliver community outreach programs to educate the public about skin disease.
• Participate in clinical research processes and present findings at meetings, workshops, etc.
• Participate in continuing health education programs.
• Completion of a university degree in nursing science (BScN or BN).
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment while maintaining friendly and efficient patient care.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office.
• Must be able to learn to navigate and use an electronic medical record.
If you are interested in this position please contact us at email@example.com and indicate where you saw this job posting.